The concept is synonymous with all blast cleaning applications where an ‘abrasive’ is accelerated in a stream of compressed air. Dry ice blasting works by using solid carbon dioxide (CO²) as the blast media and due to its unique properties provides a non-abrasive, ecological ‘zero-waste’ alternative to the more ‘traditional’ methods and in comparison, is less intrusive and less aggressive even than the ’least-harmful’ soda blasting.
By its very low temperature (-79°C) dry ice provides potent thermal energy that on impacting the surface provokes an immediate detachment of the contamination – the so-called ‘thermal shock’ effect and as the dry ice pellets immediately sublime on contact (turning from solid to a harmless gas), this doesn’t create any additional waste.
- Eliminates the need for chemical storage on site
- Chemical handling issues removed from personnel
- No post-cleaning chemical residues
- Reduced wear as process is gentle and non-abrasive
- Highly effective in reaching areas other methods miss
- Ideal for moulds and dies that need accurate surfaces
- Saves water consumption in water sensitive areas
- Dry ice sublimes (changes into gas) on contact so no wet floors are left behind
- No evaporation means no change in relative humidity to affect other processes
- In-situ cleaning with mobile units reduces non-operational time significantly
- No drying out time required
- Reduced dismantling of machinery means less downtime
How to order
Call us now on 0800 084 2040
Prefer us to call you? Please fill in the form below and we will get straight back to you!